METATRADER 4 ON Android
Fast Facts on metatrader 4 Android.
This application is designed for trading on Forex market and analysis of financial instruments via smartphones and tablets.
System requirements: touchscreen device having Android OS 2.1 or higher.
- MetaTrader 4 Android is very similar to MetaTrader 4 for PC. This mobile application supports most PC terminal's features (all trading functions, execution modes, as well as powerful technical analysis) except for the algorithmic trading functions as there seems to be not much call for these functions on Android OS platform yet.
- The application works on all smartphones and tablets and supports all screen resolutions. Terminal interfaces for smartphones and tablets differ from each other and are specifically optimized for working on these devices.
- The application requires Internet connection for its operation. It can be a mobile communication or Wi-Fi.
- The terminal is connected to MetaTrader 4 trade servers using a trader's account. The application can work both with real and demo accounts.
- Similar to the PC terminal, users can open demo accounts right in MetaTrader 4 Android. The total number of accounts is unlimited.
- The quotes for all available symbols are received in real time.
- The terminal receives and displays the quotes for all available financial instruments.
- The quotes are displayed in Market Watch, which can be presented in a minimized or detailed way. List of symbols shown in Market Watch can be configured. For example, users can hide symbols they do not need at the moment.
- Support for the full set of trading orders provides flexibility in implementation of the trading strategy and full compatibility with MetaTrader 4 for PC. The following orders are available:
- Buy and Sell market orders.
- Sell Stop, Sell Limit, Buy Stop and Buy Limit pending orders.
- Take Profit and Stop Loss protective orders. All transactions performed via the mobile terminal are identical to the ones performed via the PC terminal. All parameters of trading operations can also be controlled using MetaTrader 4 Android.
- Trailing Stop is not implemented but it may appear in the future.
- Storing and displaying trading history. The system of transaction history filtration by symbols and time frames is implemented for convenience.
Charts and Analytics
- MetaTrader 4 Android allows displaying the quotes of all available symbols in charts. Portrait and landscape chart orientations are supported for smartphones. Users just need to rotate their device to switch between them.
- The charts are generated based on received quotes of each time frame. A separate base of quotes is used for each period. If there is data concerning Ì1, but there is no data on Ì15, it will be uploaded when referring to this chart. There are 9 available time frames - from M1 to MN1: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1 and MN1.
- Similar to the PC terminal, charts can be of three types: lines, candlesticks and bars. Traders can easily switch between them.
- The charts can display volumes, trade levels and OHLC line. Besides, traders can enable Data Window displayed in "Crosshair" mode. It shows accurate quote or indicator values at the selected chart point.
- Zooming and scrolling are performed in a usual way. Missing history is automatically uploaded when scrolling the chart similar to uploading the data in the PC terminal.
- 30 technical indicators are used for technical analysis:
For convenience, all indicators are divided into several groups: trend indicators, oscillators, volume indicators and Bill Williams' tools.
- Accelerator Oscillator
- Average Directional Movement Index
- Average True Range
- Awesome Oscillator
- Bears Power
- Bollinger Bands®
- Bulls Power
- Commodity Channel Index
- Force Index
- Gator Oscillator
- Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
- Market Facilitation Index
- Money Flow Index
- Moving Average
- Moving Average of Oscillator
- On Balance Volume
- Parabolic SAR
- Relative Strength Index
- Relative Vigor Index
- Standard Deviation
- Stochastic Oscillator
- Williams' Percent Range
- Indicators can be displayed directly on the chart or in a window. Traders can place several independent analytical tools in one indicator window or develop an indicator based on the data from another one. For example, traders may apply Moving Average on Relative Strength Index and obtain a smoothed curve for RSI.
- The application does not have analytical objects (for example, Andrews Pitchfork, Fibonacci Arcs etc.) but they will be implemented in one of the future builds.